Welcome to Parent Link
Parent Link is an initiative of Alberta Children's Services designed to support parents and caregivers in their role as children's first and most influential teachers.
The centres are designed to be friendly, welcoming places for both children and parents. Services focus on family support, parent education, early learning and care, and information and referral and monitoring your child's development.
Find out more about Parent Links in Alberta.
Parent Link Guiding Principles
- Children come first.
- Parents are primary caregivers of their children.
- Parenting is a lifelong learning experience.
- Parents and communities are active partners.
- Parent Link Centres are open to all parents.
- Parent Link Centres recognize that parents need different types of support.
- Parent Link Centres value diversity and promote inclsion.
- Parent Link Centres are community-based partnerships.
- Parent Link Centres are flexible.
- Parent Link Centres recognize that communities play an important role in supporting parents.
- Parent Link Centres deliver high quality programs that reflect current , evidence-based research findings and best practices.
- Parent Link Centres use a proactive, preventive approach.
- Parent Link Centres are accountable.