Township Road 520 Upgrade
24-Hour Construction number:
Brinkman & Associates Reforestation Ltd, Prime Contractor
The contract for the remaining portion of the Township Road 520 upgrade project was awarded in July 2014. The final construction work for Township Road 520 began in the 3rd week of July 2014 and has concluded in November 2014.
Strathcona County has now reopened Township Road 520 from Range Road 224 to the intersection of Range Road 222 to the travelling public.
As per requirements set forth by Alberta Environment, Strathcona County will be returning the wetland area located at Range Road 223 to a natural state by planting various wetland plant species, starting on May 22, 2015.
No additional road closures are anticipated to occur during this period.
- Roadway Widening and Paving With 1.0m Wide Shoulder
- Roadway Realignment Along Wet Land at Range Road 223
- Driveway Approach Rehabilitation
- Ditch Grading and Seeding
- Water Drainage Management
- Minor traffic impacts are anticipated to occur in May 2015, with the revegetation efforts required surrounding the wetland at Range Road 223.
The road construction for the Township Road 520 widening, from Highway 21 to Range Road 222 (Highway 824) is now complete. Wetlands remediation is set to begin on May 22, 2015. Remediation is anticipated to last two weeks.
Please check the following Strathcona County link for future updates: CountyWorks
Strathcona County contact:
James McNeill, C.E.T.
Capital Planning and Construction