The separation is over!
Paper recycling can now be placed in a clear blue plastic bag with your container recycling at curbside! There is no longer a cost savings to separating recyclables and combining (commingling) recycling will make it more convenient.
- Remember to keep your clear blue plastic bags under 25 kg (50 lb).
- Cardboard that cannot be folded or cut down to 60 cm x 1 m (2'x3') can be taken to a recycling station.
- Cardboard that is 60 cm x 1 m (2'x3') but does not fit in your blue bag can be stacked under or beside your blue bags for collection.
- Rinse all containers before placing them in a blue bag for collection. Dirty recyclable containers will contaminate the recycling process which will result in the recyclables going to landfill and increased collection costs.
- Crush or squish your containers to get more items into the clear blue plastic bag.
- Mix heavier recyclables, such as glass, with the lighter containers, such as plastic. This will help reduce the chance of your container recycling from blowing away.
- Commingling is only for curbside collection. If you are taking your recycling to one of the recycle stations, please remember to separate them into the correct bins at each location.
It is important to include only acceptable recyclable items in your blue bag. Blue bags with unacceptable items will not be collected.
Last updated: Monday, April 15, 2013
Page ID: 10557