Fit for Now
Fit for Now is a program designed to introduce adults to the Millennium Place and Ardrossan Recreation Complex Wellness Centre. Whether new to the gym or simply needing a refresher, this introductory session will teach the essentials of exercise and physical activity. This activity is included in the Millennium Card. Regular facility admission applies to non card holders.
What can I learn from the Fit for Now program?
- Proper workout guidelines and exercise principles
- The importance of warm-ups and cool-downs
- Resistance training and stretching techniques
- Variations to cardio and strength training
- Helpful tips on exercise and nutrition
- The importance of goal setting and time management
- Wellness Centre étiquette
- Fit for Now is offered every Sunday and Thursday (excluding long weekends)
- From 10:30 a.m. to 12 noon on Sundays and 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursdays
- Can't make this time? See one of our Fitness Specialists to organize a time that works for you
- Fit for Now is a drop-in session, therefore no registration is required
- Meet our Fitness Specialists at the Wellness Centre desk
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothes, running shoes and bring a water bottle
What will I take away from Fit for Now?
Fit for Now will provide you with the knowledge and motivation to exercise safe and effectively. You will also receive a take-home program of the exercises and topics covered in your session.
Last updated: Thursday, January 31, 2013
Page ID: 9608