Event Planning Toolkit
What are the benefits of hosting your event in Sherwood Park-Strathcona County?
- Easy access from all major highways and roads
- Recreation and park facilities link to over 100 km of parkway trail winding throughout the community
- FREE parking at all recreation facilities (Note: parking fees in effect at the Community Centre)
- A range of accommodations including over 650 hotel rooms within an eight to ten minute radius of most facilities. Plus a variety of award winning bed and breakfast, lodge and camping accommodations
- Quality medical services including a NEW community hospital (opening 2012), a variety of medicentres, doctor offices and physiotherapy clinics
- A strong local business community and with great shopping and a wide variety of restaurants. Check out the Strathcona County Visitor's Guide for details.
- Exciting tourist attractions and recreation fun to compliment major tournaments and events.
What event facilities are available?
- indoor venues - amenities, floor plans, booking information and other services
- outdoor venues - amenities, site plans, field and diamond inventory and booking information
What tools are available to help with your bid or to promote your event?
There are a variety of ways you can create awareness about your event in the community. You'll also find maps, community information and highlights about each facility to help you bid for and/or plan your event. Learn more
What other services or approvals need to be considered for your event?
You'll find about event-related bylaws and permits, parking and transportation and other event logistics you may need to consider. Learn more
Last updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Page ID: 7041