Strathcona County Library
401 Festival Lane, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada T8A 5P7
The library offers something for everyone – books, CDs, DVDs, study and meeting spaces, public-use computers, Vicky’s Cafe, a fireside lounge and free wi-fi service.
- The Enchanted Forest is a popular destination for young families to spend quality time together beneath a giant reading tree.
- The Discovery Zone is a space designed for school-aged children. Story rings circle the pillars and a starry night sky mural decorates the west wall. As well as large collections of fiction and non-fiction, the Discovery Zone hosts a Homework Help centre.
- The TeenZone offers a quirky colourful place for teens to hang out, study, browse magazines or grab a graphic novel.
- Large windows let in natural light that floods cozy reading nooks, while stunning large-scale works by prairie artists Alex Janvier and Manola Borrajo-Giner grace the first and second floors.
- Throughout the library, shapes and colours inspired by nature blend to create an environment that inspires the imagination and provides a tranquil oasis.
- An innovative, green-powered Bookmobile extends library services to rural Strathcona County, and has found a popular following that ranges from preschoolers to seniors.
Strathcona County Library provides municipal services under the direction of a community Library Board, appointed by Strathcona County Council and is governed by the Libraries Act.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Page ID: 8437