- Economic Development and Tourism Strategy
- Economic Directions
- Retail Market Analysis
- Urban Flare Rural Flavour: Guide to Strathcona County
(profiles on key economic sectors)
- Strathcona County Tr@veller
- External Publications
The Economic Development and Tourism Strategy was developed for the department to provide focus and department direction for 2011 – 2014.
Economic Directions is a departmental report on business, industrial, commercial and tourism activities in Strathcona County, updated on an annual basis.
Comprehensive information guides to key economic sectors in Strathcona County. This series is ideal for business communities, residents, as well as visitors. Each guide covers a different segement of the local economy, providing general information as well as statistical data.
Quality of life
- General overview of Strathcona County
- Addresses lifestyle aspects: work, recreation, community, and sustainability
Professional, Scientific, Technical Services
- Addresses industries where human capital is the major input
- Regional and local advantages
- Breakdown of NAICS sectors (North American Industrial Classification System)
- Business advantages
- Sector overview
- Opportunities in Alberta
- Attractions in Strathcona County
- Eco tourism
Alberta's Industrial Heartland
- Global context
- Existing capabilities and future growth
- Local advantages
- Responsible development
- Industry associations and partnerships
Discover unique visitor attractions in and around Strathcona Cunty. The Strathcona County Tr@veller is a listing of business from the Voluntary Business Directory, with descriptions, maps, QR codes, and contact information.
- Food and wine
- Country Escapes
- Arts and Culture
- Winter Activities
- Tour Companies
- Visitor Information and Maps
- Other Interests
Disclaimer: Attractions are listed on an information basis only. Strathcona County does not endorse or guarantee the services offered by individual businesses. QR codes may require downloading a scanner app on your mobile device. Browsing / Tethering costs may apply. Please check with your service provider.
The extensive Retail Market Analysis report provides informatio on existing retail market, gaps, and new opportunities. This report was completed with Thomas Consultants Inc., identifying the commercial space supply, market demand, and results from a resident survey.
More on the Retail Market Analysis
- Alberta Employment and Immigration - Employer's Toolkit
- Canada's Demographic Crunch: Can underrepresented workers save us?
- How the Recession Has Affected Consumer Shopping Habits 2009
- Powering up Canadian Prosperity: Growing the energy-sector value chain - July 2010
- Report of Competitiveness - Alberta 2010
- Vision 20 20 - Renewing Alberta's Energy Industry at Home and Abroad - June 2010
Last updated: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Page ID: 7528